Annons:
Tagferrets
Read 1800 times
Niklas
2017-03-09 12:20

Things you didn't know about pet ferrets

I have only seen ferrets in photos and films so I know practically nothing about them, other than that they look cuddly and mischievous. What things do you think people considering getting a pet ferret should know about them?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Zickan
2017-03-10 12:44

Ferrets should not be kept in cages. They are like cats and need space. Unfortunately, in many countries, it is common to use cages. Some countries even use smaller cage than I ever would keep my pet rats in. Probably okay from that countries law perspective. 
Do think people who want a ferret should ask themselves why they would buy an animal like a cat if they think about keeping them in small cages. Just to let run free small amount of time everýday or every second day. That is not a life for a ferret. 
Here in Sweden, we have a law against cages. Smallest space allowed to keep ferrets living on is 5sq.m.
Do know other countries seems to have no law at al on space the ferret can live on. Smallest space I have seen a ferret has lived in is a cage made and sold to hamsters. Was published in a big ferret group on facebook.

One thing many do not read about first. Is what a ferret eat. They buy cheap cat food and thinks that's okay.
But those people are slowly killing their pet.  Ferrets are not like cat and dogs. Ferret stomach can not process grain, vegetables, sugar and so on.  They need good food with preferred only animal content. High on protein and pretty high on fat. 
Rice, potato, peas, grain, corn is very bad for them. Most cheap dry food is containing a lot of these things. And they are slowly killing the ferret from the inside. Bad on nutrition.
Sugar is literally killing a ferret. Bad food that contains a lot of sugar is giving a ferret most common a lover life age. 
Insulinoma is a common disease usually from to match sugar in the food.

Niklas
2017-03-10 14:41

Do ferrets use litter boxer like cats, or do you have to walk them like dogs?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Grodan
2017-03-13 19:41

#2 Litter trays like cats, but you need to have at least one in each room. For some ferrets you need to have one in every corner… 

I had a lazy ferret, for him I had about 20 litter trays in my house… And even though he could find it hard to find them every now and then… Silly

Host 4 mouse - Welcome!   <:3 }~~~

Niklas
2017-03-13 22:21

Oh!

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: